Monday, March 16, 2015

Easter Baskets by Lauren Tomecek

Scrapmatts runs brilliant classes at shows and expos. Even before I was on the design team I would always make sure I did one of their classes at every expo I went to. Sofie makes sure you finish all the projects during the class (anyone else have a pile of unfinished projects they didn't finish in a class?) and you also get a couple of sheets of extra chipboard to create projects at home too. I had these baskets in my 'extras' stash for quite a while from one of the classes and just realised they would be perfect for some Easter themed cards.
 
 
This little guy has a smaller sized basket and I managed to make him using the background off-cuts from the other two cards. I couldn't resist the pun title. :)
 
 
I received the bunny for this card in an Easter themed swap some years ago and he's just been sitting in my stash since then. So happy to have been able to use a number of scraps the complete this card. Basket was raw chipboard with some gesso spread around using my finger.
 
 
It had been so long since I'd created my own rolled flowers because they used to take so long as you held them in place waiting for the glue to dry. This time around I used glue dots and it was so much quicker! This basket has been given a proper painting of gesso over raw.

 
Have you created an Easter project with Scrapmatts chipboard? Share it with us over at the Ning Gallery.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment