Saturday, March 25, 2017

March Layouts with Christine

Good day.  Scrapmatts is one of the major sponsors and March guest designers for CSI - Colors, Inspirations and Stories challenge blog.  And now I get to share with you my take on their two current case files. 
 
First up is Case File #225:
 
 
This is also a major case file which includes a sketch courtesy of The Nifty Pixel as pictured above.  My five evidences are: buntings, washi tape, things that fly, circles and wood.  My testimony is handwriting on the background, and I’ve stuck to the sketch using one feature photo.  Here’s how I solved the case:
 
 
Scrapmatts chipboards: Birds (CB5045), Floral Spray (CB5045), Assorted Words (CB6115)
 
Scrapmatts stencils: Honeycomb (ST9002-A4), Bubbles (ST5001), Halftone Circles (ST5006), Circles (ST5043)
 
I've painted most of the chipboards white and some with the green shade from the case.  I've applied paste, mist, and paint on varying stencils to build the base of the background.
 
Next up is Case File #226:
 
 
My evidences are strings, animal, plants, and transparent stuff.  I've included all the colors of the case and my testimony is my journaling which is written at the back of my layout:   It makes me happy scrapping and looking back at the moments when you're growing up to be a girly girl.  This is the first time you tried on some bubblegum lip gloss that you got from a party loot bag, and boy oh boy you loved it!
 
Here's my layout:
 
 
Scrapmatts Chipboards: Circle Mesh (CB5130), Assorted Words (CB6116), Cats (CB1014), Leaf Spray (CB5166), Scrap Words (CB1238)
 
 
The #look at me chipboards are given a good coat of pink glimmer mist to match the case colors, and the rest of the chipboards have been painted white. 
 
 
I had fun creating these layouts and it got the seal of approval from both of my girls.  Thanks for popping in and don't forget to check out the CSI case files here.  There's amazing prizes to be won, including Scrapmatts goodies.
 
Cheers,
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. These two layouts are really lovely.. love the colors and great use of the chipboard too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these layouts again this month Christine, I love the colours and textures you have created...

    Hugs Rhonda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous pages for the CSI guest spot. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine your layouts have so much detail, fantastic work xxx

    ReplyDelete