Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Believe and Family - Lauren Tomecek

Hello chipboard fans. This is a very sad post for me, as it is my last design team reveal after 5 years with Scrapmatts. I have had such a great time on the team, made fantastic friends and loved every day of working with the amazing designs.

My last two reveals are both created for CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration. First up is the reveal for the current December challenge. I've used a 2016 Santa photo and can't believe how much older my boy looks in just one year. That wonderful title piece comes from CB6111 Assorted Words 27.


I love the range of reindeer chipboard designs available and had this lovely guy left over for a while now from CB5050 Reindeer 07. The 'falling snow' in the background uses the ST5003 stencil, first with gesso applied through it and then a bead mixture with matte medium once the gesso was dry. 


I loved the CB1053 Christmas Ornaments 03 and just coated them in some silver embossing powder. My flourishes are offcuts from CB4069, inked in black for contrast. 


If you want to see the CSI reveal, it is based on the below image. I used Christmas/winter elements, silver, circular elements and something fuzzy. I actually forgot all about the journaling component though. :(


Design number two was actually created for November's mid-month reveal so has already gone live on the CSI blog. My family travelled from all around the east coast of Australia to attend Harrison's 3rd birthday party and I was able to grab a photo of us all together. 


I've used a couple of different chipboard pieces in this one. I like using the shaped pieces to add some extra dimension to my backgrounds. If you cut them up they will last for ages, I've actually only used half of a sheet of CB5142 Retro Squares 02 on this layout but it looks like much more. The title comes from CB6105 Assorted Words 23.


I have used CB5056 Twigs 02 along the bottom of the photo to mirror the trees in the background of my photo. 


 I was inspired by the repeating squares/rectangles of 'The Scene' and used that to build up my paper layers. I loved 'The Scheme' with the focus on brown/green/white. My 'Evidence' includes clips, leaves, stamp, button, tags and string. My 'Testimony' has been written on a tag.


Thank you so much for looking at my work over the past 5 years. I hope it has inspired you in some way and look forward to seeing what you can create with Scrapmatts products. If you want to keep seeing more of my work please check out my blog or Instagram.

3 comments:

  1. These are lovely layouts Lauren, and well done on being on the team for 5 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Lauren and all the best for your scrapping journey. It's been fun being on team with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work Lauren, I will miss you...thank you for all your support and contributions over the past 5 years.

    ReplyDelete